Monday, December 1, 2008

20 months/The holidays are upon us

This has been a big month for us. Maria got her first haircut, we have begun holiday preparations and our little one just keeps growing. Maria is now 34" (maybe even more), and 24 lbs. Long, lean and full or energy. She also enjoys entertaining us with her ever expanding vocabulary, long sentences and stories (I challenge someone to actually understand the stories though). I have lost count of the number of words she says, and I know she has at least 10 2-word phrases that are clear to more than just Mom and Dad. She is also beginning to identify her colors (purple being the most consistent) and count. She keeps me ever amazed, and grounded. With all the kids I see at work, it is so refreshing to be reminded of what normal looks like. Although, after a day with severely speech delayed children she seems downright gifted some days.







No comments: