Wednesday, February 17, 2010

For all the teachers out there...

I just had to post these pictures.  Last night, for the first time since receiving this gift at Christmas, Maria actually asked me to show her how to "write" her letters (instead of just wanting to "color" them in).  I know Grandma E had attempted to show Maria this a few weeks ago, but I can't recall if she was successful.  Even so, this was the first time she asked her mom for help.  So, after a little "hand-over-hand" training (which lasted all of 2 letters, I think) Maria was off and running.  By the end of the evening she had successfully traced all of the letters "a, b, c and d", and she kept right on practicing again this morning. 



And check out that pencil grasp...not bad for a girl who won't be 3 for another few weeks.  Can you tell that I'm just a "wee bit" proud of her.

No comments: