The first day of school has always meant an increase in busyness for me. For thirteen years it marked another 10 months of learning. For 6 years it was the starting point of a jam packed university education. For the last 8 years it has marked the time of year when things go from a little bit slow and relaxed to craziness at work (again tied to the school year). This year...it was a little bit different. When I started this blog 5 years ago I wasn't expecting to be posting this so soon. Five years have simply flown by and today our little girl had her first day of kindergarten. 
She was extremely excited. She is very happy with her new teacher, Mrs. Ball (mommy is thrilled too, although to be honest you couldn't go wrong with ANY of the kindergarten classrooms at Westmount school - I may be a bit biased having been the SLP for that school for 6 years, but that is my honest opinion). She had nothing but good things to report, was thrilled they made a craft on their first day, made a friend (Noelle) and has already memorized all the words and actions to one of the songs Mrs. Ball introduced them to today. I have a feeling the apple may not fall far from the tree with this one.
To commemorate her first day of school I took a suggestion from my manicurist and welcomed Maria with a little surprise. She was very excited to receive her very first flowers as part of the whole experience. We are very proud of our little girl....and a little sad that she is growing up so quickly.
P.S. Dad was a little upset by the fact that when Maria wasn't playing with her new friend she said she spent most of her time playing with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment