Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas is approaching...

The baking, shopping and decorating are finished. Or as finished as they are going to be. So I thought it was high time I updated this blog. Christmas is going to be a lot different this year, as Maria is really getting the concept this year. She understands that there will be no opening of presents until the "24" on the advent calendar is covered, that "Santa Ho-Ho" brings presents to good little girls (thanks TV), and that Christmas is baby Jesus' birthday (thanks Sunday School), just like Maria's "March-March" (picture her marching around the house as she says this) birthday. However, she is a smart cookie and is looking for ways around the 24th limitation on gift opening. She has asked a few times if she can cover the "24th" on the advent calendar so that she can open "just one present". She even went so far as to try convincing the babysitter on Friday that she should be allowed to open a present. And here I thought I had at least one more year before that started happening.

This year also marked another first in Maria's life: her first Sunday School concert. She made a very cute mouse, and while I would love to post the video of the entire concert on here, 45 minutes is just too long. Once I am able to edit a few clips of just Maria out of the larger program I will be sure to get them up on here. For now, you will have to settle for a picture.
William, as always, continues to be a happy and content little boy. He is trying so hard to become mobile and can move a few inches when sitting (I have a feeling he will "butt skooch" instead of crawling). He laughs and giggles anytime someone interacts with him, and has started clapping his hands, but is still not babbling (and his mom's a speech therapist for pete's sake). For now, I try not to worry, but it's hard when you work in my field not to be a bit concerned. One area he is not behind in is eating though. The kid eats a variety of finger foods already and prefers to feed himself (and the dog, who is loving this new era of finger foods). He's up to a very solid 21 lbs now.
As for the two of us...Aaron continues to work away from home while I continue to hold down the fort. Not the most pleasant arrangement and certainly not the first choice for either of us, but for now we make do. I am certain that this, like many things, shall pass in it's own time.
For now I will leave you with a Merry Christmas and a great many blessings for the new year.

No comments: